Stylin'

Just how do they become so stylish minded the minute they turn 13? First, they are just a big kid, and then, a few days/hours/moments later, it's all about the "look". Things their mother wouldn't dare them to wear have all the sudden become the cat's meow!

I suppose this can be said about boys as much as for girls. I thought I got off scott free being the mom of two boys. It was always "time to get dressed, and here's what to wear", as they dutifully stepped into the suggested outfit. My friends who have daughters complained about scuffles over the clothing issue, and mountains
of cash spent at stores like Abercrombie. Well, I spoke too soon. Now, all the sudden, with the teenage years upon us, my oldest son has stepping into the realm of "Fashionista". Or, would that be "Fashionistor"?!

Here is Drew modeling his summer stylin' beach day look. I really couldn't believe he was going out like this, but he was proud of it... so, okay. At least I got him to pose for a picture! This past week, the temp has been in the high 90s and 100s, (so hot for our San Diego beachside town). Drew and Kyle are back in school. The outfit of choice? Skinny cords. Yes, corduroy jeans, skinny style. Hot x 10... Ask me about back to school shopping for clothes. Abercrombie? He wouldn't be caught dead. No, it's a half hour drive to a special skate shop in Rancho Penesquitas called Willie's Workshop. I said try on everything and I'll buy you anything you promise you'll wear. Well, about $400 later, I'm sympathizing with the Abercrombie moms and wondering if I can find Willie's Workshop slightly used clothing on ebay... Okay, I'm eating my words here. I'm eating my "so glad I have boys" attitude. I guess it must be a teenage thing... Well, here we go. Strap in and enjoy the ride!