Today, I'm Fascinated By...

... Brooklyn Tweed ...(big time sigh)

Do you knit? Perhaps you are a lover of beautifully knitted garments? Well, you simply MUST stop and take a visit over at Jared Flood's website and blog, Brooklyn Tweed. Jared is a Brooklyn based knitwear designer and photographer, and his blog is one I haven't been able to leave all day. It's all about the knitting, the projects, and the photographs. They are simply beyond good!

I knit, that is, I knit when time permits. Perhaps I should say that I knit when there's an opening in my schedule... and that's not as often as I'd like. I aspire to make the most beautifully knitted items I can possibly make. Knitting is a beloved pastime, born of moments filled with relaxing and creating at the same time. It's lovely. I was lucky enough to learn to knit when The Grove opened near my then home, and Susan Wells came into my life. I had always wanted to learn, for my mother and sister were both avid knitters. I just couldn't learn from them. But, Susan's patience and confidence in my abilities were just what I needed. Under Susan's guidance, I became a successful and somewhat adventuresome knitter, and even got to the point where I could teach knitting classes at The Grove. What a gift!

Jared's knitting prowess is evident in this gorgeous scarf, made from the "Aran Cashmere Scarf" pattern (here's the link on Ravelry) out of the book Simple 1-2-3 Knitting. Do you think this is going to be my next project? Heck YES! Well, that is after I finish the 7 current knitting projects I have on the needles...

Oh, and just one other thing from my daily fascinations... and that would be Cope's Corn. (Yes, this is a post of the moment, after a bit of New's Years celebrating at home... a bit of champagne, and Cope's Corn pudding, what more does one need or want?!) So, when we visited Colonial Williamsburg at Thanksgiving, we spent a wonderful evening at Christiana Campbell's Tavern, and were treated to the most delectable Spoon Corn Bread ever on this earth. Tonight, I made a lovely Toasted Sweet Corn Pudding out of the last issue of Gourmet Magazine, with a special order of Cope's Corn from the Pennsylvania Dutch area. It was glorious. As I savored spoonful after delectable spoonful (can you tell how much I liked it?!), my husband asked if it wasn't similar to the spoon bread from Williamsburg. That's when I located the recipe, which I will be making up very SOON, and I will be using Cope's Corn, which I'm sure will be every bit as wonderful as it was at Christiana Campbell's Tavern. Yum! Now, if I could only replicate those crab cakes...

Happy New Year, everyone! 2010, here we come!!!