Thursday, February 4, 2010

Crochet A Heart For Your Valentine!


What a sweet and simple tutorial from Little Birdie Secrets! It's so fast and easy to follow, that even I think I can now go and crochet a sweet heart. I promise, I'm going to try. I am really a very resistant crochet-er, because it messes with my knitting brain. I swear, after a simple chain of crochet, I totally forget how to knit. I am seriously not kidding. But these hearts are so cute, that I just have to try it out. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Arlenesfelt said...

Loved the crochet heart video. I love to crochet but usually just a simple single stitch. This little video was very informative. Thanks, Val!

swellknits said...

I immediately got out a hook and some red yarn and made a heart for DH! It was so easy and fun. Thank you, Val!

sandra lee said...

I have never knit or crocheted before, but maybe I should give it a try...these hearts are so darn cute! And I loved your fur skirt, that is a great photo!

Valerie said...

Those hearts are so easy, I've actually crocheted several! Each one comes out better and better. I do think it's easier to use a larger crochet hook with a thinker yarn. The embroidery floss and the size D hook were too small, and drove me crazy. That heart is about 1" wide, though, so it's pretty cute!

Sandy Michelle said...

That's sooo neat! I would have to watch the video 100 times before getting it though- cause I'm so impatient..LOL!

Sandy xox

Valerie said...

Hah, Sandy, I had to too! Good thing there's that pause button. But now I can make a heart in about 5 minutes!