Friday, March 5, 2010

It's Been A Good Day, A Really Good Day


I can't help myself, I just want to shout out! I'm feel as jumpy as a playful lambie. Then, the next minute I feel like I'm a kettle ready to boil over, tooting my horn all over the place. Good things are abounding all around me. I feel so thankful, um humm.

I am gearing up for what seems to be the biggest event of my life, the Style Awards Fashion Show on March 26th. Today, I found out who the models are that will be wearing my creations. They are perfect, and I'm so excited to work out my designs! Yea! I will have a sweet brother and sister team, ages 5 and 7, with golden curly hair. Then, two girls who look like sisters, tall and dark, olive complected, ages 8 and 10; perfect! I've been offered two additional boys to outfit. You know what? I'm going to try to fit everybody in. It's not a crowd, it's a party!

So, that goodness was actually preceded by the following fantastic happenings;
- I have been invited to be a featured artist at Art N' Soul's open house on March 20th. Yea!
- I finally ordered my needle felting machine today, a Babylock Emellisher. Oh my golly!
- I hired a real life true assistant today, Michelle. Michelle worked for me at Artrageous, and she is amazing, really truly amazing. I feel so lucky that she's available to come and help me at the busiest time of my life. She starts on Monday, hooray!
- I learned my lovely sculpted needle felted floral necklace on the Shibori silk ribbon is being featured in Belle Armoire, a high end Stampington publication. Wow, ...wow... wow.

I think that's enough for one day. Really, it's about all I can handle. I am so thankful. I am so happy. I am honored to be able to create, and that you peeps out there like my creations and recognize what I'm doing to be special and worthy of appreciation. And, I am so happy that I now have a HELPER!!!

-xx

4 comments:

TUTU Monkey said...

Holy Moly!!!! I am HAPPY DANCING for you!!! Yahooo!!!!

Valerie said...

Dana, thank you!! I need to talk to you about the fashion show. I'll visit your blog...

Tamerie Shriver said...

Yippee!!!! Good for you! I am so happy that YOU are so happy!! I am sure that your outfits will be the 'best in show,' so to speak. Can't wait to see them!

Hugs,
Tamerie

sandra said...

Hip, Hip, Hooray...I am so excited and happy for you! I know you and your sweet pieces will shine like the sun!