Holiday Happenings This Saturday!


Yes, this coming Saturday, Dec 4th, is my big 2-show-day,
and it's fast approaching!


Artisans' Alley is from 9-3
in the Coronado Elementary School Playground lot on 7th and H Street
Click here for more info

Handmade Holiday Pop-Up Shop! is from 6-10p
at Space 4 Art classroom, 325 15th Street, East Village, San Diego
Click here for more info, and a map to the event.

I have been a bit less frantic with my preparations than usual, but I think that's because I'm a wee bit dog-tired from doing all these shows. Our recent home move didn't have a thing to do with it either... A derailment from production due to a nasty head cold, plus Michelle being out for 2 whole weeks due to wisdom teeth removal + complications also put a crimp into my works. By now the cold is gone, and Michelle is back. Life has returned to being good! I'm sure I will have enough inventory to show, and hopefully a few new items for those folks who only come out to see me during Artisans' Alley.

I was really on the fence about doing Artisans' Alley this year. In fact, I didn't sign up for it until only 3 weeks ago! I was so lucky that I caught them just as booth assignments were going out, so I could muscle my way back in to my regular space, booth 66. What swayed me were the sheer number of people who told me they were looking forward to seeing me at Artisans' Alley this year. So, thank all of you for the push!

The Handmade Holiday Pop-Up Shop! will feature so many handmade artisans, 35 open artist studios, and an art opening for Judit Hersko and Lea Dennis. It's bound to be a real happening, and it's in it's very first year. It's created and curated by Susie Ghahremani of Boy Girl Party, and Dain Bornstein of Dainty, two women are really have the power to make art happen, if you know what I mean. I'm thrilled to be invited to attend this inaugural show and event. Please don't be swayed by the location, for Space 4 Art is in the hippest, coolest block in the East Village. You will want to check this out for sure!

I will forewarn you though, that many of my best pieces have been bought up at previous shows. Such is the nature of handmade... really, I can only create so much, and my creations are few if many people want to buy something so special and artfully created. I'm only putting this out there in case you have your heart set on something special. Best to get a jump on these shows, and show up to the first one of the season (too late for that, but keep it in mind for next year!), or... be an early bird shopper! Artisans' Alley begins at 9am!!! See you bright and early this coming Saturday Or, nice and late for the HH Pop-Up Shop! :o)