I've Fallen & I Can't Get Up...


Well, that's really just how my spirit is feeling these days... I am getting up, slowly, and putting one foot in front of the other. My spirit is happiest when I can paint, create, work with color... I feel like I can float away on the power of creating. It's such a good feeling, and I love it when I have that. Yes, that!

I have had that this last week. Just here and there... Painting in the "warm up style" of Kelly Rae Roberts is always a good way for me to start. I think what happens is that painting the girls (me) gets me in touch with what I'm going through right now. Once I get that out of my system, I'm ready to move on. I do so love this...


The most powerful painting for me in this group is "Own your Truth". It's so hard sometimes to do it; own your truth... It's the thing that makes me want to bury my head and heart under a rock right now. This truth is busy rearing it's ugly head, and just when we feel like we have a handle on it, it raises it's head in a whole new way. Plus, it keeps coming at us at warp speed. That's why I feel like I can't get up. But, Michelle, my magic elf helper came and worked in my studio today, and she helped me feel a little bit more sane (Thanks Michelle :o) So, on that weepy note (not the part about Michelle), I will leave you with this. Especially because when I later read it back, I will remember this last, and this is what really matters....