Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Winter is coming!



Though you'd never know it here in San Diego. We dream of snow days, and frosted windows, and a roaring crackling fire, with cups of steaming cocoa. But then we are happy to leave all that to those north and east of us, as we head out for a run in the 68 degree weather! Oops, sorry, I got a bit side tracked there...

I always love doing a few special holiday pillows. They are little art and mood snippets, and each one inspires the next. I mix up coordinating colors of recycled wool, sew them up, then needle felt a fun scene to the surface. Once that's in place, I select some trim fabric, or ribbon, sew it around the edges, then back it with some fabric scraps I have recycled from another project. Stuff it full of fluff, and there you go! A sweet winter scene to bring cheer to a special spot.

These charming pillows will be on sale at this weekend's Talmadge Art Show. Come out this Sunday from 10-4 to Liberty Station, and see all the winter finery (and more!) offered by a very talented group of artists. Looking forward to seeing you there!

x, Val

7 comments:

Terrie said...

These are soooooo sweet things. You're always so delicate in birds. I love all. If I could be there is my dream. Success !
Cheers from Hong Kong

Marfa said...

Nice snowmen and cardinal! I love the bits of snow on the branch by the cardinal. I just saw this mushroom: http://loritimesfive.blogspot.com/2011/11/keeping-cosy.html
Isn't it so cute?

Sandy Michelle said...

OMG I love the budgie pillow! You're welcome to experience the cold over here any time :)

Sandy xox

Gods Little People said...

Val, they are UTTERLY adorable! I hope you had great sales.
P.S. The murmuration video - OMG! What an amazing spectable!!

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Valerie,
Thanks for visiting my blog. It was late September when I was in San Diego - although now would be a nice time too! We are getting snow on the higher peaks.

I love these pillows. Let me know if that cute little peep (bird on the perch) doesn't sell or if you have something similar. Just love it!!!

Hugs,
Kay aka Whimsygirl

Valerie said...

Thanks for your nice comments girls :o)
Kay, shows are so crazy, you never know what will be your hit ticket. Yesterday, pillows weren't it. I'm doing another show in 2 weeks, and the pillows will most likely go then, for people buy them as Christmas gifts and home decor. In the meantime, I will list them in my etsy shop. I've photographed them all, and just need to find the time to list, maybe later today. Please check back!
X, Val

Zdolność-tworzenia said...

Cudowne ptaszki.