Aftermath


I don't really like that word "aftermath" because it implies something like a Holocaust, or a tornado, or a thing that is big and horrible, and somehow you survived. Perhaps I need to take myself just a little more seriously BEFORE the event so the after part isn't such a big, freaking deal. Ugh... note to self, Val.


I won't say I didn't enjoy the Renegade LA show, but I will say it was a TON of work. I am used to attending shows close to home, AND I admit, I am a natural control freak. Close to home means I have something to hold in my back pocket like a security blanket.... Home. hOmE... H O M E. 


I liked meeting new people and the exposure LA brought me. It was all very good. I made some great new friends, had a few fantastic offers, an invitation to debut my Robot Friendlys in the Stuffed magazine (one of my favs!), and more. I know I will continue to venture out past my beloved Home, just have to go into it knowing exactly what to expect next time...



I loved seeing friends who cannot always come so far south to see me in my hometown. Here is gorgeous Mira with her friend. And who can resist a pirate face painted boy, Really?!!!


Finally, I cannot resist taking pictures of things people bring INTO my booth. This woman let me photograph her darling motif on her shirt. Now, really, how cute is THAT?!



Thanks to all who came out for the Renegade LA show. It was fun, it was HOT, it was an adventure and it was a thrill to be involved. I loved every moment!

x, Val