Here we go!


Well, hello!
Okay, I'll admit that this all seems a bit intimidating, 
having a blog and all. But since I so enjoy reading other people's blogs, I've decided to just go ahead and march right into the world of blogging... So this is my attempt, my say so, and please, let me know if you think I'm on the right track!

Pincushions
Pincushions seem to run my life right now. Who knew 
pincushions had such a major life force inside those charming little bodies?! I find myself looking at pincushions, looking for pincushions, blissfully using my pincushions, cursing too small pincushions, and wondering if people will want to bring an ice cream cone pincushion into their humble abodes...? 

Speaking of which, the ice cream cone pincushion has reared it's creamy, swirled and decorated head, and is reigning supreme upon my household. In navigating away from other pincushion designs (which will remain nameless for certain unspoken reasons), I have happily hit upon a pincushion design that I am proud to feature on my website. The ultimate judge upon the final design being my completely unbiased, ice cream loving son, whose eyes lit up the moment I finished my first prototype model. With lip smacking certainty, I think this sweet design has the right amount of lusciousness written all over it!

Bored boy, and how it relates to a Creature Pin

The bored look of the pre-teen... ("Jeez, Mommmmm, just take the picture"). Many people have asked about my pins. "Where do I get the inspiration? What's it supposed to be? How do I get the eyes to look that way?" So, here are some answers; Look into the eyes of a pre-teen boy, and you will get so many ideas, so much inspiration! It's so easy; capitalize on your pre-teen's expressions, observe their boredom, listen to the sighing. This is what I've done, this is what has influenced what I've made, and this is what gets people talking and asking questions about my handiwork!

Thanks!
Thanks for taking the time to check out my Art Studio blog. Please drop me a note and let me know what you think!