Saturday, August 29, 2009

Honesty Counts




Thank you, Mari, from Mis Amores, who sent me this thoughtful gift. I love being honored with the tag "Honest", because I hold honesty and truthfulness in very high regard.

Here's how this tag works:
1. Make a link to whomever sent you the tag.

Mari has a beautiful family, filled with love. When I read Mari's blog, I feel the most jealous about not having a daughter to share my love of craft. Mari and her daughter do so much together. I can only imagine their special time spent beading, working clay, and learning new crafts. My heart is warm with love after a visit to Mari's blog. Thank you Mari!


2. Disclose ten truths about yourself, known or unknown. (I'm not sure how you can list a truth you don't know about!)
- I have a wonderful husband and two sons, aged 11 and 13
- I have a Portuguese Water Dog named Lola, who is my sweetie girl and all around best friend :o)
- I have a 22 year old cockatiel, named Birdita, who is a boy, but I gave him a girl name before I learned his sex. He's had gender confusion for 22 years!
- I am a Virgo, semi organized, but a lover of all things orderly.
- I think I drive some people crazy with my persistence. (I really don't mean to!)
- I teach craft classes, and I really love doing so.
- I am 100% girly and a lover of all things cute, especially if it involves a birdy or two.
- I worked in the art field for 20 years, and quit to start my business two years ago. I am loving every minute of it, except for waiting to hear back from the proposals I've sent out :-# urrrgh!
- My birthday is on Monday, August 31st!
- I'm a loyal, supportive and true friend, and I believe I was a healer in my last life...

3. List ten blogs you feel deserve this honor and announce it to them in an email.
Here are ten blogs I love to visit. I hope you enjoy checking them out too!
- About my favorite store (and person:o) swellsknits.blogspot.com
- Another irresistible stop with the best people EVER around there papertales.typepad.com
- She always makes me laugh tutumonkey.blogspot.com
- I can't get enough of her beadwork maddesignsbeads.blogspot.com
- I love to visit their blog AND their local shop theatticgirls.blogspot.com
- A breath of fresh air littlebrownpen.blogspot.com
- I love both Abby's blogs abbytrysagain.typepad.com
- Filled with inspiration sweetbeadstudio.com

6 comments:

Mari Aparicio said...

Val, thank you so much for your kind words. You made me cry. My little girl and I have a special connection. I know that I have a soul connection with her that goes beyond time and blood. And she looks just like me... with her daddy's eyes!!

Valerie said...

Mari, you are truly blessed :o)

Fabi said...

!!!Felicidades¡¡¡ Hoy cumples años.
Disfruta cada minuto del dia de hoy y asi lo recordaras eternamente.
He leido tus diez cosas,¡¡¡Son maravillosas!!! Tienes una sonrisa muy simpática y contagiosa. Nos haces sonreir a todas.
Besitos

Tamerie Shriver said...

Hi Valerie

I am so behind on reading blogs lately. I am trying to get a job finished so that I can get another one done in time for the house to be photographed. That's a mouth-full! Anyway, thank you for tagging me. And sorry it took me so long to see it. I'll do a post on it in the next day or so.

Valerie said...

Tamerie, I think I was supposed to notify you, so don't feel bad. Just get to it when and if you can. Work and deadlines are definitely more important!

Cindy said...

Valerie
Thank you so much for thinking of me! It's been fun reading more about you here.