My Intentions For 2010


Intentions... might be confused with resolutions. I just think intentions sound better, don't you? Resolutions just seem like something we think about doing on January 1st, and quickly forget about them by mid-January. They just seem to come along with a "forgetaboutit" stigma attached. With an intention, I think we can give ourselves the time to allow them to unfold. Intentions may unfold right away, or they may wait... until the month of May. Or, even later still, until the winter's chill...

So, I'm setting my intentions for the year 2010, and allowing that they may change as the year unfolds. New intentions will most likely be added, and some perhaps as soon as tomorrow. But for today, this first day of a brand spanking new decade, here are my intentions...

+ I am going to reaffirm my belief in myself and my chosen path of work. I will do this every day, and I will work on chasing out all forms of doubt.

+ I am going to trust that there is a reason for things working out the way they currently are, and I will go with it. I am not going to try to control the chain of events in my life, but will surrender to the path I am on, and trust that it's the right one.

+ I am going to accept and work with my current reality, and realize that by visualizing where I want to be, I will get there, and I will be as successful then as I am now. In the meantime, I am doing just what I am meant to do, right here and right now! (this is the big one for me, because I'm always so anxious to get to the very next thing)

And, on a more concrete level;
+ I am going to stop pandering to my picky eater son's taste (he's 13), and serve him what the rest of the family is eating.

+ I will spend more quality time with my family, and less time on this computer (sorry, but I'm going to try).

+ I am going to be better about making notes in my journal when I get that major brain storm. Lord only knows how many times I've uttered "later", only to have them slip right through the cracks of my consciousness, and , float away on thin air...

+ I am going to try my hardest to do that thing I see on dog lover's shirts; "Greet others as you do your dog!" so, please don't be offended when I use my sing-song baby voice to say hello. :o)

Do you have any New Years Intentions? Well, heck, spill your guts, and tell me all about them right here. I promise not to tell anyone else... well, not unless you want me to!