Time for a Little Bling


(hee hee!) I bet you thought I was talking about jewelry! Am I right?! Well, Bling is a jewel in her own right. I know you agree with me. What dog in the world is more adorable than little Bling? She's just the cutest! This photo (right) was taken when she was just 9 weeks old. Sheesh, what a pose. I can't stop staring at this little lovable!

I met Bling's owner when she came into Austin's Gallery to film me for an internet spot. I had no idea this was going to happen,
and since I'm at Austin's so infrequently, it was amazing she happened to come in on the right day and time. The interview was all about the pillows I make out of recycled wool, with irresistible needle felted art. Of course I had to talk about the custom dog pillows I make. They are truly more special then you can see in the photos. The texture of the felted wool, the tactile quality of the needle felted art, the wonderful finishing details in ribbon and trims... these make a wonderful gift, even if it's for yourself. :o) Well, Bling's owner fell for my spiel, hook, line and sinker. So, now she will have this awesome pillow to last a lifetime. I know Bling is still a pup, but now she'll have Bling to hug forever in this pillow.

So, did you watch the Westminster Dog Show last night? We did, and we love watching this wonderful production each year. I can't get enough of seeing all the dog breeds, and love the short historical descriptions of each breed, as well as what they have been bred to do. We were so thrilled that our beloved breed won best in class for the Working Dogs: yes, the Portuguese Water Dog won in it's group! We tried to rouse Lola from her nap to celebrate the prancing pup on TV, but she had no interest. However, when we turned on the TV at the beginning of the evening, she couldn't take her eyes off the Curly Coated Retriever... we see where her tastes lie...

Happy Dog Days to you. It's that kind of day for me today :o) and that's a good thing!