Knitting My Troubles Away


Scarlett out of Noro Joy, knit in Matsuri, shade 3

Into each knit stitch, a little of the worry goes
Into each purl, a tuck away of trouble
Stitch away those fears, and what comes to pass?
A heart free from fretfulness...
(And a lovely sweater to show for it!)

One week after bringing Drew home from his Outward Bound course, and we are continually amazed at this sure young man who's come back to us. He has matured in leaps and bounds, and has changed in so many positive ways. We are praying the lessons he learned continue to weave their way in to his very being, establishing this path as the foundation for his moral consciousness. It has all been so very good.

Though I have much work to do in the studio... for I have a big show next weekend... all I want to do is sit, muse, and knit. I've already started my next piece... out of Jared Flood's Shelter. Oooh, I'm so excited to bring it to life! I will certainly be knitting all my little insecurities away. Let's just hope it stays that way! (insecurities... little... away... please!)

I thank you so much for your kind words of care and hope during these last few months. Thank you for being there and listening. It means so very much to me :o)

xx, Val