Dyeing to try


It all began with the tea. Well, that, and this one. (I call him "What up?")

I have been wanting to develop a few new stuff plushies for the fall, so have been digging through my stash of sweater scraps, and fabrics. "What Up?" is a real mish-mash. I love him :o) The fabric on his belly is a glorious felted wool, hand dyed. So, I said to myself, "What up with that?!" Hmmm...

I've been on this "cool brew" tea kick, and the tea is such a lovely shade of peach black. Hmmm... My new sewing assistant, Mona, had me buy muslin for pattern making. So, I bought yards of it. I looked at that muslin, then at that tea. Hmmm... then put them together. It was only a matter of time.


Muslin went into that tea, linen into the tea... now I have some gingham in that tea. Let's see what up with that!

The linen took to the tea so nicely. Once that gingham comes out, we are going back to the drawing board. I can't wait to see what comes up next!

What up in your neck of the woods this week?
x, Val

(PS. Thanks to Keenan on SNL. I just love the "What Up With That?" skit!)