Readying for Renegade LA


At this point, a week and a half before an upcoming new show, things start to get a little bit frantic in my art and craft life. I start sleeping only about 6 hours a night. I make about 15 mental lists a day. And my work desk takes on the appearance of a tornado touching down. It's not exactly pretty...


I thought I'd just take some "snippet" photos so you can get a glimpse of what's in store for the Renegade LA show. I am getting SO excited! I am making clothing like mad (more photos of clothing coming soon) Today, Toshi learned how to make the birdy brooches. I've changed up the design a bit so they are more lively in color... Aren't they adorable?!


These big XO Lovie Friendly's are such a piece of work to make. But, they are so irresistible, and all the ones I made last fall have sold. So, I am making 4 more, and only 4. I swear, I've worked on them for at least 4 days now... Here they are before stuffing, and final stitching. Plus, they are still armless :o[


And, all finished up...


And, of course, the Friendlys. I have made stitched Friendlys, Tattooed Friendlys and overall Happy Friendlys. All too cute, if I do say so myself :o)



I ask myself, why the heck didn't I name my business "Studio Val: Crazy For Cutes"... humm.


Renegade LA... July 28 +29. Look on the left sidebar for the banner, and click for directions, etc. It is going to be SO MUCH FUN!!! I hope to see you there.


x, Val