Love and thankfulness


L ike a faithful pup, you offer me a cozy space and a listening ear, and a willingness to be there when I need you the most. In my efforts to shut the door on fretfulness and anxieties, you welcome my (sometimes) rambling thoughts, and are patient with me as we mull over life's most thought-provoking complexities. You welcome me, and allow me to speak my truth, and for that I am supremely grateful.

As trouble and hardship and disappointments roll over us, as accolades and congratulations and a job well done cheer us on, and as friends high-five us, may we hold tight to peace.


Old chapters end, and new ones begin. What seemed impossible may now seem probable. We embrace giving thanks in the small things.

Let patience be our new companion while we struggle with the traffic jam that bring us back to the place we find restoration and acceptance. Feel a release as we watch them make choices seven steps away from crazy and realize there’s nothing we can do. Remember love, receive joy, relish miracles, and be stubborn in the important things.

Have a wonderful week, friends!

x, Val

PS. My new chapter is starting now. I am over the moon happy, and beyond thankful with the miracles that have recently happened in my life. Thank you, universe!

* ramblings inspired by sweet Emily over at Chatting At The Sky