Saturday, December 29, 2012

Welcome to The Mom in the Arena!



I'd like to introduce you to a new kid in the blogworld... The Mom in the Arena. Well, it's actually Me! But Me in a different form... which you can find over here

I am not completely sure how I can deal with writing two blogs, but one thing I know is that I have been dealing with both sides of my crazy life over the past several years, and I've managed to keep on top of that, not an easy feat! I often feel conflicted about writing about my teen boys and my home life on this blog, so I decided to devote this blog solely to my crafting life, and my other blog to my otherworld antics delving into the world of vulnerability, hope and the return from despair. I hope you will check me out over In The Arena. I also hope you might share a bit of what I do over there should you know of another family who might be dealing with out of control teens, and the mayhem that goes along with that.


x, Val

1 comment:

Natasha Greenman-Ruzynski said...

Hi Val,
I saw your comment to Brenee Brown's blog.
I wanted to share with you that you are not alone. I walked into hell and back with my son, who is now 21 and the most beautiful human being on earth.
He had a severe drug problem, combined with some serious mental issues derived from mental/physical abuse at the hands of his step-father and my subsequent divorce from him.
Going through something like this, makes you realize how much stronger you are than you thought.
With my son, I had to shut the door on him completely before he was able to find out how strong HE was and find his way out of the hell he'd found himself in.

You are not alone.

It was hard to not feel shame, failure and all the other negative feelings associated when you see your child become someone you know he's not. It's easy to blame oneself, and to think "I should have....".

You are not alone.

No shame, no guilt my friend.

Love your child, and as important, love yourself and be kind to yourself.

Hugs,

Natasha