Happy new year, happy twenty fourteen!


Happy New Year to you and yours!!! How has 2014 been treating you so far? I hope you have eased into the new year with grace, promise, and prosperity!

My new year started off just right with some of my work featured in the latest Sew Somerset issue, front and center! I was contacted mid last year by the publisher, who found my special needle felted pillows in my Etsy shop. Several had already sold, but I recreated the ones I could, and made a few new ones too. I was thrilled to learn they put all of them into this beautiful magazine. 

Sew Somerset Winter 2013-14







My bird pillows have been some of the most popular items I have created. They are like movable room art, happily sitting on a guest room bed, living room chair, in a bookshelf niche, anywhere! Each one is one of a kind, completely unique. I start with felted wool from recycled sweaters, patchwork them together, then needle felt an irresistible bird to the cover. Then I sew them into a beautiful pillow. I put so much love and care into each one. An X and an O from me to you :o)

Check your local Barnes and Noble, JoAnn Craft store, or specialty book store to get your copy. There are plenty of other fantastic projects in this issue besides yours truly...

Here's to a great beginning to 2014!

x, Val