Wood slice art!


So, I started making some needle felted art on wood slices. I'm not really sure how this came about. I guess I was really liking those taxidermy style felt animal heads on boards. Yup. Don't you love those cuties?! 

As things go with me, I just tried to figure out how I could modify them to fit my little needle felting world over here. I worked on creating flattened needle felts. Then, instead of using plain plaque type boards like the ones you mount certificates onto, I decided to use wood slices. Meet Mr. Fox. He was my first one :o)

Mr. Handsome Fox in a Winter Pose

Things generally really ramp up if I like the first one of a new creation. This is completely evident with Ms. Bunny. I think you'll agree:


Ms. Bunny in a Bunny Suit with Pod Bouquets
Ms. Bunny was a 3 day creation. I guess I worked on her for probably a good 24 hours. (Really?) Sheesh.... But, she is cute. Real cute.

Then, much to my surprise, the February assignment was announces for MATS Bootcamp. What? Painted art on a wood slice? Heck! That is only Right Up My Alley!

Here's what went down:





And this is what happened in the end. Plus, this was only the second painting I have created with gouache. I am in love love LOVE with gouache!

If you are so inclined, you can see the entire lineup of all the art created in February's Bootcamp by clicking here. My Owl and The Pussycat is on page 3.

Happy wood slice art day to you!  =^_^=
xx
Val