Publication Update + New Horizons to Explore


Yes, the Sisterhood of the Traveling purses will have their 15 minutes of fame. They have been selected to grace pages in the Fall '09 issue of Haute Handbags, a Somerset Publication, on newsstands October 1, 2009. I am very excited about this development, and thrilled with this media vehicle for getting the word out about my handmade, recycled, repurposed and "green" art and crafts.

When the Editor originally told me my Mr. Cabernet Birdie Purse had been selected for publication, she mentioned the other purses would be placed in Altered Couture, another magazine they publish. Well, I quickly sent her pictures of my sweaters, and low and behold, the Traveling Children's Sweaters (Sisterhood and Brotherhood for both girls and boys sweaters!) will have their moment of glory as well. That publication will hit newsstands on November 1st. Just as well, because all the purses ended up going into Haute Handbags.


It's funny how things work out. I remember checking
out Altered Couture the last time we were at the Tattered Cover in Denver. I remember thinking how great it would be to have your artistic clothing featured in such a nice magazine. Well, the moral here is; be careful what you wish for, because it just might be the next thing down the pike for you!

Last, but certainly not least... I will be a part of a new gallery opening up on the corner of 3rd and Herr in Historic District of Midtown Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. The HodgePodgery will be focusing on recycled, repurposed functional arts and crafts. I am thrilled to be involved with such a smart gathering of like minded individuals
dedicated to working with the existing resources we have in the here and now. PLUS, the fact that the gallery is located in a climate that supports the use of wool, NEEDS to wear wool... well that's just great by me!

So, if you are anywhere near Harrisburg, PA, and you are a supporter of things green and repurposed, stop into the HodgePodgery, and tell them that Val sent you! Then, be sure to give ME a report, because... well, I'm just so dang far away! How am I ever going to get to go in and see for myself what The HodgePodgery is all about?! I know it's going to be grand, and that Dawn and her daughter are going to do a marvelous job there. And, one day, I will go to see for myself what they are all about...