Are You A Wanna-Be Fabric Designer?

... like me?! Do you know about Spoonflower? This fantastic company lets you upload your art designs, modify them using their awesome software, order a test print, and finally, prints your fabric in the quantity you want, on the fabric blend you desire. Then, if you feel your design is especially stellar, you can enter your designs into their contests, watch the votes come in, and maybe even have your design be chosen for "Fabric of the Week"! It's a fantastic concept.

What I love about Spoonflower is that I can find unique designs from independent designers, and support their creative efforts. Look at this fantastic scientific fabric I just bought! It will be the inspiration for a great mad scientist look in an upcoming boy outfit. Cute, cute!

Take a look at a few of my favorite fabric designers. These links will take you directly to their Spoonflower page. Scarlet Fig's fabric shop (I just LOVE her fabrics!), Emily Burger's designs (so sweet- or should I say "sew" sweet?!), Sammy K's fabric (pictured above), Danielle Hanson's bird calendar fabric, and look at this SewBettie boxer fabric! How creative is she?! Then, there's this Circus fabric by TotallySevere. All I can say is "wow"...

One day, when I have a bit of free time, I will try my hand at designing some extra cute fabric. Something with a few birdies, perhaps? Or, maybe farm animals... dogs, even? Heck, once I get my ideas straight, the fabrics are going to come whizzing out of me. I can just feel it! So, go and check out Spoonflower, and get your fabric fix of the day!