Balancing act



Wow, life sure is one big balancing act, isn't it? Here are my two sons at ages 15 and 13, balanced between the fond reminiscence of childhood, and the impending adolescent storm... if you're wondering what the heck they are wearing on their heads, these are masks they colored at the MOMA in Denver. The children's wing was completely vacant, so they sat down amongst cardboard and coloring pens in teeny kids chairs, and took a trip down memory lane. (Can you see they are furry faced bears?!)

I have been giving some thought lately to the blogs I read regularly, and wondering how come so many of them are written by moms of babies and toddlers... Or, I visit the blogs of women who are in the process of reclaiming their lives after children have moved on... What's going on with those moms of teens? and why don't I ever stumble upon those moms blogs? I just wonder if they, like me, find life to be such a juggling act that it is nearly impossible to just gets the ends pulled together? Oh, woe... it's so true, isn't it?! Please God... just let me find the time to get it all together, and help my family along the way!!

Some days I find myself in prayer throughout most of the day, busy with the asking, the wanting to be shown, and especially still as I work on the listening. There are no firm rules in my world about prayer. I can be found praying during cooking, driving to the grocery store, walking the dog, and plucking my eyebrows (especially therapeutic!). I usually just talk to God about whatever is going on in my head. My family even has to listen to me pray out loud when we are going through a rough patch... oh my, oh my. I keep thinking that God is leading us somewhere very good, and that we will see it soon.

Anne Lamont's book "Plan B" says "When God is going to do something wonderful, He or She always starts with a hardship; when God is going to do something amazing, He or She starts with an impossibility." I like that.

What about you? Do you have an impossibility you are facing right now? Does prayer help you?

I think God is taking us somewhere very good, and we will see it very soon. In the meantime, you can find me praying... it's all good.
x, Val