Whew! I survived August!


It was such a busy August that it went by in a big, huge blur! Oh my golly! I thought I would give you a quick recap of just the highlights....

1. The Oz Show was pretty quiet, as we actually had a RAINY DAY. Oh my! But, in between the sprinkles, we had lots of fun. 




I created a piece of art specifically for the show. It has been a big seller in my local shop since then! You can find it in my Etsy shop here.



2. First Thursdays at the Headquarters was a super fun event. The show organizers have decided to run the show monthly, I believe. I will not be there on the First Thurs in September, but expect to find me in the months leading up to year end!


3. Bright and early the next morning, my son, Kyle, and I took off for a day at Disneyland! Squeee!

THEN: (4 years old)

NOW: (16 years old)

My son has always been a big fan of the ladies! I was the only one in our group willing to wait with Kyle in the 30 minute line to meet the Princesses. My sister and nieces grumbled that it was a waste of time, but when we got in and talked "Princess talk" with them, we all had such a great time. Everyone later agreed it was the highlight of our day!




What a great Disneyland day!!!!!

4. I entered the GTS. Read more here. I did not make the short list. Oh well, but it's all good. I have a great new piece of art!



5. I taught the Fantastic Mr. Fox needle felting class, and we had SOOO much fun! Look at the cuties made by my students! Thanks to all who came, and put their best foot... err- fingers forward in learning my craft! 






6. Filming goes on for my e-course, Hello Felt, even as we had to say good bye to sweet Sophia, my intern of the past 1.5 years. She is off on a big adventure to Indonesia. My new intern, Jen, is going to help me pick up where Sophia and I left off. We are pressing on....! Find out more and sign up for the interest list by clicking here and scrolling down to the bottom of the page. Oh... and check out the Bloopers video. It's super cute!






7. We flew off to Lake Tahoe for a family vacation. We rented a cabin, took the Gondola up to Heavenly, spent lots of time hiking, went wading in the Lake, ate lots of good food, and made great family memories!











We hiked all the way into "Desolation Wilderness"! The hike out was long and uphill. Even though the way back was a mix of downhill and flats, we were absolutely dogggg tired by the end. Good thing our cabin had a sweet jacuzzi!


8. I wrapped up the end of the month with a FOUR DAY SHOW: the US Sand Sculpting Challenge and 3-D Art Show. Thanks to all of you who came out to see us.. Ok, see the Sand Sculptures (Lol) but see US too, right??!!

This one was my favorite. It stands about 10 feet tall:


Also, at the show, it was reinforced that my Plushies still manage to attract everyone; kids, their mother, brother, uncle and aunt to my booth. So, winning the most popularity contest are the ever-loving Toast, Teeth and Sushi pillows. Congratulations, guys!



9. And then, I had my BIRTHDAY on the very last day of the month. I am 55 now! Wow!




10. Finally, AND my biggest accomplishment this month: I am celebrating finishing working the Twelve Steps!!! I have been joined together with a beautiful group of women, who share a similar spiritual path as myself. We have been working the Spiritually based Al-Anon Twelve Steps since March. It has been hard, tearful, the best goodness possible, and life changing. What an amazing accomplishment! I highly recommend this for anyone facing life challenges who are feeling "stuck".


Wow! It's probably been the most action packed month of my life. But it's all good!! Most importantly: I survived it all, and came out all the better at the end of the month in so many ways.  =^_^=

xx
Val