Happy New Year, Happy New Decade!



Happy 2020!

Wow, 2020... that seems so futuristic, doesn't it?!

Hopefully your new year is off to a positive start. It somehow seems mine is and it is only day 2 of this brand new year! I'm not sure if it has to do with a sense of newness, like when you open a gift of something you've been coveting and can't wait to spend time with this new item. Or, is it because there is something different in the air... like the feeling that comes along when snow is on its way? Maybe it's due to a chance meeting with a special new friend, and feeling like there are great things in store! Whatever it is, I'm pretty much all in already, yep, here on day 2. 😃


I have given myself the gift of "work on whatever it is you want" since Christmas, and what has come out has been art with a "Home" theme. Is this a sign?! I AM doing a workshop on Saturday, January 18 featuring Winter Home hoops (learn more HERE), so maybe that is why cozy houses are on my mind. Plus, winter coziness is best spent at home, right?!


And would you look at this menagerie of felted wool?! Where my mind dreams up these things, I will never know or understand! When I began this wooly project, my intent was to create a gnome-home sort of creation, but this is where I have ended up. You know, the funny thing is this is the art creation of my childhood. Always drawing cozy homes with flowers and a bird or butterfly. In some ways, I am still in my childhood heart, and that is fine by me! 

As with every new year, I make a declaration promising to spend more time on my blog. I am not going to apologize or make some long-winded excuse about not blogging, but I do want to say it is my intention to spend more time here talking over my artistic process, thoughts on needle felting and how to go about knitting together my mental health advocacy and artistic worlds. I just have the feeling they are coming together. Ever so slowly, indeed, but coming together, they are. I will bet a "4" on it (referencing 2020)! 😉

Take care, friend, and talk very soon, kay?!!
xx
Val