Craft Hope Project 8- Gulf Coast Oil Spill

Today, I'm spreading the word about Craft Hope for the Gulf Coast Oil Spill.

project 8 :: gulf coast oil spill

Do you remember Craft Hope for Haiti? What an amazing success that was! Even in my own little shop. I didn't raise a ton of money, but was able to raise approximately $300 to contribute to the relief efforts in Haiti. Heck, every little bit helps, right?

Now the Craft Hope girls have regrouped and are putting together efforts to help with that huge toxic oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. If you want to know more about it, click here, and you can read all the details, plus you can find out what you can do to help out. Now, your donation does have to be handmade. Even though I can knit and crochet, I am DEFINITELY NOT sending washcloths that I knit. Instead, I am going to get out all our old towels, and I'm going to put the boys to work this weekend. We are going to cut and rip them apart, and resew them into manageable sizes, just right for washing off sea turtles and wiping down dolphins. They will be handmade, of the sewing sort. Yep, that works for me.

Golly, so much to do around here! Better get busy so I can clear a spot for setting up the boys for ripping up towels. I do think they'll get into it, don't you?!