A New Journey for our Family

Image courtesy of http://www.aletheaandruth.com/

What is this thing we call "Life" and how come it is so reliable to throw one curve ball after another? Sure there are good curve balls, exciting ones, scary ones and some we downright do NOT like at all. I suppose curve balls are what keep us on our toes, though, right? 

2021 brought us a great BIG curve ball, which is my husband's health. In June, it was discovered he had a stage 4 glioblastoma tumor. The curve balls have kept coming ever since then. I had to stop working and become his full time caregiver. This has been way harder than all the previous hard stuff we've navigated. There have been tons of prayers involved and the main answer to prayer was this: "Take one day at a time." So, that is what we are doing. 

The big thing in all of this is that I have had to rely once again on my biggest coping tool: needle felting. Needle felting is what rescued me the last time our family was in crisis, and helped me figure out the big stuff like navigating the major disasters thrown at us when my son was ill. Now, we have new and different disasters, or how about curve balls, where my husband is concerned. If you are interested in learning more, please feel free to head over to a Caring Bridge blog I write about his current condition and what we have been going through since June. https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/gregheb

My needle felting is better than ever as I continue to hone these skills. I hope you will visit my Instagram page, where I post much of the newest work I am working on. Here is the link to my IG page: https://www.instagram.com/valsart/

Thank you for checking in here and I do hope life hasn't thrown you too many curve balls lately!

xx, Val